The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Creepin'

And, the nighttime shenanigans continue.  Now, not only do we have to leave Ryan's door open at night, but she has decided this means she can come out!  Not cool! Especially, since she does it in a sneaky manner.  This is not fun to discover when you are home alone on C shifts!  It is very scary.  Ryan seems to think it is a hilarious game.  The first time she came a creepin' Chris was home (thank God).  We were in our room relaxing and watching t.v.  Our door was closed but not shut all of the way.  All of a sudden the door closed completely. Scared me to death! Chris, being the laid back guy that he is, immediately assured me that it was Ryan.  I didn't want to believe it.  I am not sure why I wanted to believe it was an intruder instead of Ryan.  Maybe I knew that once she discovered she could creep she would do it often! I made Chris go investigate and he found her hiding in the hallway.  Since then I have seen her peek her head out of her room while I watch t.v. in the living room.  I have come in from taking the dogs out at 9:30 p.m. and found her running out of my dark bathroom holding her Ariel bath doll (I screamed and almost wet my pants). She peaks into my room unanounced to see what I am doing and a lot of the time she decides it's time to play with all of her toys. Thankfully, she has not learned to unlock/open any of our doors to the outside.  I also think that most of the time she comes looking for us when she creeps.  I am not so much worried about her safety when she creeps at night but more about my chance of a heart attack (or wetting my pants) when I find her!

No comments:

Post a Comment