The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Thursday, November 4, 2010

26 Weeks

Earlier this week I went to my 26 week doctor appointment. Mom was sweet enough to come with me since Chris had to work the World Series game. Ryan got to spend a couple of hours with Aunt Rox and Unc Unc. This was a long doctor appointment so Ryan would have been miserable. At this appointment I signed all the birth paperwork, since this little baby is now "viable". I also did my gestational diabetes glucose test/blood draw and had a sonogram. Everything went great! Baby Ivie #2 was moving like crazy all over the place during the sonogram because I had drank the sugary drink for the diabetes test right before. The good news is that the baby is "thriving", "active" and "BIG". I was not surprised to hear any of that, but still happy to hear it all! This baby already weighs 2.6 lbs, which is about a pound more than the average baby at 26 weeks. The sonographer told me that this baby will be bigger than Ryan was at birth (if carried full term). This is all good news since I have had elevated blood pressure and am on medicine they are closely monitorring the baby's activity and growth. So far so good! I will have another sonogram in 3 weeks and then every week after that to make sure that all of this growth continues. My blood pressure was higher, but not to the point that my doctor was too concerned. She expects it to go up during this last trimester, just not too much. LAST TRIMESTER! Crazy- I am already here! I am really feeling good. I am more tired than I remember feeling with Ryan, but I am also chasing Ryan around. I am still sleeping well, besides having to get up 2x a night to use the restroom. I have yet to have a dream about the baby's sex. Chris had a dream that we had another girl. I am thinking a boy this time, but who knows! Work is still going well and I am carrying a full rehab patient load and I have a student. So, for now Baby Ivie #2 isn't slowing me down too much. I am sure in about 6-8 weeks I will be huge and miserable. I will try to enjoy these last few weeks! I also do not have gestational diabetes! Now I can wipe out Ryan's Halloween stash and not feel guilty! Below are the three pictures from the sonogram. It was really hard to get the baby's face since it was bouncing of my uterus walls! The top is the face (looking at us) and hand (all balled up). It looks like Baby Ivie #2 will have the butt chin like Daddy and Ry! The middle picture is of the baby's hand and arm and the bottom one is a foot!


26 week profile- it is not hard to believe that this baby is gonna be big!

Ryan loving on her sibling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment