The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Turkey Day 2010!

I am so full! It is not good to eat like I did when you are almost 8 months pregnant and barely have any room left! Ugh! But what a great day we had! I took on the task of cooking. Mom and Chris helped me a lot and Chris and Dad fried a turkey. I only had to make a meal for the 5 of us, so it wasn't too intimidating. I took on the sides and desserts this year. Everything turned out good and we all got full! Here is the menu we had:
Fried turkey
Dressing
Corn Pudding
Mac n Cheese
Green Bean Casserole
Jello Fruit Pudding
Buttermilk Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Chocolate Pie
We (Chris and I) snuck in a nap after we ate and then we laid around and watched football. It was heaven! We have a LOT to be thankful for, once again. Most of all it is that we are surrounded by our loved ones. I am so thankful that Ryan has so many people that love her and that make an effort to be a part of her life. Family is everything!

My little turkey! I want to gobble her up!


Mom and I cooking. I attempted to do everything (with a LOT of help from her!), except the turkey. I had to take a few sitting rest breaks!


Ryan was such a sweet girl all day. It was almost like she knew it was a holiday where you show the ones you love how much! She gave everyone Thanksgiving hugs!


And kisses!


The men out in the cold frying our turkey! It was so yummy!


My two favorite turkeys!


Ivie Famiy Thanksgiving 2010 - There will be four to our family soon!


Round Two eating for Ryan after her afternoon "nap". (she really just played and sang and read in her crib for 2 hours!) Chris and I took a real nap.


The Thanksgiving streaker after her bath!


We wish you and your family lots of love and laughter! Thanks for being a part of our lives! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment