The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Both kids are growing fast!

Ryan is doing more cool stuff! She is imitating EVERYTHING and her vocab is really growing. Not only does she imitate, but she knows what she is saying. She can pick up things so quickly! Here are a few of her new words: uncle (at Uncle Devin), ice keen (ice cream), puppy, baby, cheese, moe (more), ba (bath and ball).
She can throw a ball, wink on command and she loves to cuddle the baby. It is the cutest thing we have ever seen. If we mention the baby (sometimes referring to it as "Mommy's baby" or "Ryan's baby") she will immediately come over to me and lay on my belly and pat and kiss it. She did bite me once, but other than that it is pure sweetness coming out of her. Chris and I still can't believe that she does this. It really seems like she knows! I can't wait to see her kiss her sibling, hopefully without the bite!
Baby Ivie #2 is growing fast too! At our sono yesterday (that we lucked out and got 4D pics) the baby measures 3 lbs 12 oz! That is big for 29 weeks! The baby put on 1 lb 6 oz in 3 weeks. Thanks to the tummy bug I didn't gain a pound! The good news is that the baby continues to grow (we are measuring 2 weeks ahead of average) and that the amniotic fluid is also what it shoud be. We got some more good pics of the sweet face and the baby was opening and closing its mouth. My blood pressure was also good, so I can continue to work. I scheduled out all of my appointments, which makes the end seem so near. I am so grateful that this pregnancy continues to go so well and that we have a big healthy baby that will soon be joining us. We have so much to be thankful for!

I just love this picture. Kendall is Ryan's friend from the Tuesday library storytime that my mom takes her to. Mom took this with her cell phone, so it isn't the greatest quality. Kendall is about a year older than Ry. I can't wait to see my kids hug each other like this! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment