The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

38 Weeks.....and ready!

Looking large and tired


We had our last doctor appointment Monday! It was wild to know that it was the last one! We had our last biophysical sonogram and the baby got another perfect 8/8. I made sure I ate so the baby would be active. The week before I hadn't eaten and the baby was in a deep sleep. The sono last week lasted over 30 minutes and I had to flip back and forth. It was uncomfortable! Eating lunch this week made the baby very active and the sono was short and painless. Dr. Rosenbaum once again said that this will be a big baby. She is delivering me a week and half early, but thinks this will still be an 8-9 lb baby. She feels very confident that a C-section Friday is the way to go!

So, we are all set for Friday. Chris and I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 in the morning and my surgery is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. So we should meet our baby by 9:00! I can't wait to find out if I have a Luke Austin or an Emma Reese inside me! Chris said that he thinks the baby is a boy after seeing the chubby cheeks in the sonogram. I am still leaning towards girl. We both really do not care either way. We just want to meet the baby!

I am a little nervous about the surgery. It is different this time knowing that I am having surgery on Friday. Last time the C-section was an emergency and in the middle of the night. I had been in labor all day and was so tired and it happened so quickly that I didn't have time to get nervous about it. This time I know what to expect. That is good and bad. It is a weird feeling to be wide awake while you are being cut open. I remember being able to see the reflection of my open abdomen in the bright light. Yuck! That was very scary. Thankfully, Chris was my rock and he helped me to stay calm. At one point, I couldn't stop shaking and crying. He reminded me how wonderful this experience was and that we were about to meet our baby and find out the sex. And it was so wonderful! And worth every scary and sore moment.
Thanks to all of our family and friends who have been checking on me these past few weeks. We cannot wait to introduce you to our newest family member and Ryan's sibling!

No comments:

Post a Comment