The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Monday, January 10, 2011

Daddy Daughter Date #1- Barneys Birthday Bash!

Chris took Ryan to see Barney Live! The show was titled Barney's Birthday Bash! It was a gift from Unc, Aunt Mis and Tauri. I had heard that Barney was coming to town and since Ryan adores Barney I looked into getting tickets. After looking online at how pricey they were I decided to wait until she was older and she could ask (or beg) me to take her. I wasn't sure that she would completely enjoy it at 17 months old. I was mostly being cheap! Well, I am so glad that Chris got these tickets as a birthday gift because they had so much fun! Chris was a little nervous about taking her by himself. It is always a little scary to venture out in public with a toddler, alone without an extra set of hands. We made sure she had two good naps and I packed her lots of snacks in case he needed something to distract/bribe her into behaving. We weren't sure if it would be too overwhelming for her in person, or if her attention span could last. Chris said the minute they walked into the venue she saw a stand up display of Barney and it was all he could do to pull her away from it to go sit down for the show. She just kept saying "Baaaheee"! He got her to her seat and she read her Barney book and ate snacks waiting for the show to start. Once it started there was no sitting down! Chris said that she stood in her seat and danced and sang the whole time! The show lasted an hour and a half! Ryan stayed glued to it the entire time and even tolerated the 15 minute intermission! She usually only watches Barney in 30 minute increments so I couldn't believe she lasted the whole show. They sang lots of songs and Chris said Ryan knew most of the words and sang along. They ended with the infamous "I love you" song and then Ryan waved bye bye to Barney. Then it was time to go and Ryan was not a happy camper. She had a little melt down when Chris picked her up and carried her out. She is definitely her mamas girl, I have always hated for a good time to end. Besides the fit she threw when it was all over the night was a total success and both Chris and Ryan enjoyed themselves. There will be many more Daddy Daughter Dates in their future- I am sure of that!









No comments:

Post a Comment