The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Letter To My Munch

Dear Munch,


I am writing you this letter with a lot of different emotions (and hormones!). I can't believe that you are already 18 months old. Where did the time go? Just when I think that you can't get any cuter or more fun you do. I keep telling my mom that I wish I could keep one of you at this age. She reminds me that I have said that about every age. I love watching you grow and learn but it all seems to change too quickly. You are only 18 months old, but I can list a bunch of things that I miss already. Each stage of your life is so amazing, but it also comes with change. And I don't like change. I hate for things to end. If I could have my way I would already have 18 of you (one at every month!). Since that is unrealistic I just have to cherish every stage and make a good effort to get lots of pictures and videos so I can always look back and remember.

I am typing this the night before I have your baby brother or sister. I just told you goodnight and bawled my eyes out. Because, although this will be a wonderful gift to you and to your daddy and me, it is also a change and an end of an era. We will be a family of four now, never again just the three of us. I have so loved that I have been able to completely focus on you and your needs these past 18 months. I can't imagine anything that I would rather spend my time doing. Starting tomorrow I will have two beautiful children to dedicate all of my love and time to. Does this mean that you will be loved any less, or have your needs put second.? Absolutely not! I will do everything I can to make sure that you still feel the same love and attention that you have in the past. We will all just grow more room in our hearts for the new baby. Including you! You will now have a constant companion, a playmate. Your sibling will make you a better person. You will learn to share and care and you will be my biggest helper. You have so much that you will be able to teach your sibling. You are so smart and this baby will have such an advantage because he/she has you to learn from. I am so excited to see you in your new role. Even though tomorrow you will become the "big" sister will always be my baby girl. The time that we have shared just the three of us as a family is priceless. Thank you for being who you are and showing me the power of love.

I will be thinking of you all the time we are away at the hospital. I know you will be in good hands and having fun with Aunt Mis and Mamaw and Grandpa. I can't wait to see your smiling face when you meet the baby. I love you little girl.



Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment