The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Out With The Old......In With The New Room!

2011 is here! The holiday came and went during a very uneventful, but very productive weekend. Although I worked New Years Eve and went to bed when Ryan did (at 8:00), and Chris worked New Years Day, we had a very productive January 2! We took Christmas down (almost all the way) and got Ryan's "big girl" room up. I can't say that Chris and I did it all on Sunday though, there were some other people that helped us in the weeks leading up. First of all Ryan got a bunch of her "big girl" room decor for Christmas. Gran gave her the curtains and loaned us the crib bedding, Aunt Mis and Uncle gave her the twin bedding, Mamaw and Grandpa gave her a rocking chair and a lamp. Chris and I bought her a day bed with trundle and a crib. My dad helped Chris put together both, Uncle helped Chris get the new blinds up and Mom and I moved a bunch of the guest furniture and my clothes out of the room. Sunday we got the curtains and shelves up and the room really came together. Ryan officially has the biggest and cutest room in our house. She is pretty excited about it too! She says "ooooooh" and "flowers" when she walks in. She loves to get up on her "big girl" bed and asks for "covers" to read books. We have been spending a lot of playtime in her new room, and really talking it up as the "big girl" room. We plan to have her spend her first night in her new room tomorrow. She is going to stay in a crib for now. I don't think she is quite ready to have the freedom of a bed. I am afraid she would end up in our bed!

I am feeling a lot of relief that we got her new room 95% complete (that's Ivie complete). All we are lacking is the white recliner cover, cutting the blind strings, moving in her sound machine and IPod player/nightlight, and getting crown molding and a few other things hung up. It has all come together so well and we really appreciate all the help from our family! Now all I have to do is make a few minor changes/additions to Ryan's old room, perform a deep cleaning and it will be all ready for Baby Ivie #2 to move in! Just a few productive weekends to go.



Here are a few pictures of Ry's new room. I didn't take a picture of one corner of the room where the green recliner is. We ordered a white recliner cover that will make it match and give me a nice seat to nurse the new baby while Ryan plays.



















No comments:

Post a Comment