The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Letter to My Newest Love

Dearest Lemma (Luke or Emma),


I can't believe the day has finally arrived. We finally get to meet, face to face. I am so excited and overwhelmed and nervous! In a little over 12 hours I will get to hold you! The past 8 months since I discovered I was growing you have gone by so quickly. Your sister Ryan consumes most of my time and the months just flew by. We had a rough start, I felt terrible the first months. You took all of my energy and made me super nauseated all day! The middle months were pretty easy. I seemed to grow overnight and there was no denying that a precious baby had made me so ill. These last few weeks have been a little uncomfortable, but nothing that I wouldn't do over in a heartbeat. (Although I could do without the awful indigestion!) You have been a very active baby the whole pregnancy and I love every movement that I feel you make. Your daddy has gotten to feel you move so often when we lay down at night. Your sister Ryan pats and kisses you in my tummy. When we ask her if you are a Luke or an Emma she usually repeats whatever the second name is that we say. (Although I think that she has said Luke more often). Ryan has been practicing taking care of her baby doll and I think she will be a big help to me in caring for you. I cannot wait to see you two together. Your big sister is the coolest girl I know and you are so lucky to get to learn from and grow up with her!

I can't wait for you to change our lives and I feel so grateful that I get to be a mom a second time. Your daddy and I already love you so much and I know that love will just multiply tomorrow when we see you. I am going to try to lay down and get some sleep so I can be bright eyed in the morning when we meet. I love you Baby Ivie #2.



Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment