The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ryan and her "Pa"

My dad starts a new job next Monday. For the first 18 months of Ryan's life she has been able to spend a ton of time with both her Mamaw and Grandpa who live only 3 miles away. It has been so great to have them both so close and so available to help. And just because my dad is returning to full time work does not mean she will not see him, it will just be more on the weekends and evenings. I will only be working 3 days a week, so our kids should only need to spend 1 day a week at my parents house. This means that Mamaw will have one day a week with both babies all to herself (scary to me- fun, fun, fun to her!)

Since I am down to the wire on preparing for baby number two, and my dad soon won't be able to steal Ryan away for a random Wednesday afternoon, he offered to take Ryan for a few hours of fun! I spent the 3.5 hours cleaning out a closet I used in Ryan's new room and moving her stuff into it so the new baby will have his/her closet open. It was a very productive afternoon for me!

Ryan and her Grandpa (whom she refers to as Pa) had a fun filled afternoon. Pa took her to McDonalds for a happy meal, Toys R Us for a new toy, the park, and then to Braums for a chocolate milkshake! Sounds like an afternoon in heaven for Ryan!

Ryan and Grandpa heading out


Ryan came home with a ketchup and chocolate milkshake covered face and all of this good stuff!A happy meal penguin toy and a new Ariel (her favorite princess) bath toy. Her hair is supposed to change color in the tub- we will try it out tonight! Ryan threw a little fit when she walked in the door. I think she knew that the fun was ending and a nap was about to be enforced.

It was a good day for all. Nothing beats one on one time with your Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment