The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dang Blood Pressure!

Today felt like a normal day. I was tired, but that is not surprising after the night I had. I worked the morning and then I went to my doctor visit and had my sonogram first. The baby looked great and scored another 8/8. They also took the growth measurements and estimated that the baby weighs 7.1 lbs! (I am only almost 36 weeks). Ryan weighed 7.4 lbs at birth! So, I thought that all was well. I started hoping that when my doctor checked me I would be dilated and maybe I would have the baby early since it is measuring so big. When they checked my blood pressure it was high (145/95). I knew this was bad. When I was pregnant with Ryan this happened at 37 weeks and I was sent to triage to be monitored for a few hours and then admitted for 2 days to watch my blood pressure. I then spent the rest of my pregnancy (2 weeks) at home off work. I am on medication this pregnancy so my doctor was not happy that at almost 36 weeks my pressure was this high. She checked my cervix, which was soft but closed, and checked my blood pressure again. It was still high so I was sent to Labor and Delivery triage to be monitored for 2 hours. Thankfully this time my blood pressure came down after laying down in a hospital bed and they allowed me to go home to do my 24 hour urine test. The bad news is that I am not allowed to work anymore. I had been hoping that I could make it at least one more week (maybe two). I know it could be worse, at least I get to be at home. I can't imagine being stuck in the hospital. At least now I can really enjoy these last few weeks hanging out with Ryan. And thankfully my parents are here to help and keep me from going crazy. I am not a good bed rest person, but my mom will make me behave.
Thanks again to everyone who checked on me today. I feel fine and am going to try my best to rest and love on Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment